Thursday, September 22, 2016

Sign of the Cross Activities



Activities:

thereligionteacher.com- Sign of the Cross Lesson Plan

catholicicing.com- 4 Tips To Teach Kids How To Make the Sign of the Cross

thewholetroubleis.blogspot.com- Sign of the Cross Lapbook



Coloring:

thecatholickid.com- The Sign of the Cross

rathfarnhamparish.ie- The Sign of the Cross





Sign of the Cross- with hand movements coloring sheet




Crafts:

rockyourhomeschool.net- Sign of the Cross Necklace

lovethosekinders-kinderkay.blogspot.com- Catholic Sign of the Cross Buddy Craft




Here is a cute craft I found to help little ones learn the Sign of the Cross.

loyolapress.com- Sign of the Cross Necklaces



Puzzles:

bekids.mt- Sign of the Cross (crosswords)



Worksheets:

reallifeathome.com- Sign of the Cross Prayer Copywork Printables
When you download this packet, you’ll receive versions in traditional printing, D’Nealian, and cursive.

crusaders-for-christ.com- Sign of the Cross copy book, print, and cursive (scroll down to Holy Sacrifice of the Mass)

bekids.mt- Sign of the Cross (fill in the blanks, put in the right order, quiz)

thereligionteacher.com- Sign of the Cross Worksheet (scroll down for this)

teacherresourcesgalore.com- Sign of the Cross worksheet (look under Prayer Worksheets)

catholicicing.com- Free Trinity Printables: Coloring Page, Sign Of The Cross & Glory Be Fill In



10 comments:

Kalel - That Resource Site said...

HI Grace,

Thanks for including our resources in your lesson suggestions on the Trinity. More F3 folders to come. The Holy Trinity F3 is in the works and almost completed. :)

Oh BTW - Stop by our blog this week to enter to win a $50 Amazon.com gift card. You can use it to get any little extras for your CCD class you might need or want.

Blessings,
Kalei

www.thatresourcesite.blogspot.com

Amazing_Grace said...

Oooooooooooooo more F3 folders to come! Yay!

By the way, I only include links to great activities and you always have the best. :)

I'll be sure to stop by your blog ASAP.

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

Amazing resources, as always!!! I can't believe I missed this before today's post! You rock!

Amazing Grace said...

Lacy-
I can't keep up with all your great posts! LOL!

I am planning on posting activities for many of the Catholic prayers. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for these tips. I will be using many of them as I start teaching first grade CCD on Tuesday. I really appreciate what you have done. Thank you!

Michelle said...

I printed out the 'Sign of the cross' picture sheet with hand motions, cut apart the pictures, laminated them and affixed them to a mirror hanging in my classroom.
My (own) children informed me that while looking into the mirror and performing the hand motions, the hand motions are backward because the child is facing them. My children (when we got home) helped me reverse the images, so that while students are looking in mirror practicing the prayer, their hand will match the placement of the printed children. I affixed the laminated pictures to the mirror with stick-on velcro. After we (students) are confident in learning the prayer, I plan on mizing up the order of the images and as one of their 'centers' have them practice individually saying the prayer in front of mirror correctly placing the laminated images in proper order, this is for 3nd grad students.

Michelle said...

I reversed the images on the Sign of the Cross picture sheet with words. That way, When the students are looking in the mirror,saying the prayer, the hand motions will match. I also laminated the images and affixed them to mirror with stick-on velcro. My plan, after everyone is confident they know the prayer, is to mix up the order of the images and as a 'center' activity, have them practice in front of mirror and place images in proper order.

Anna said...

Very helpful! Thank you! Be Blessed!

Amazing_Grace said...

You're welcome, Anna!

Unknown said...

Thank so much! It's very helpful in teaching field.