Church Potluck Recipe: Meatless Meal for Lent- Vegetarian Lasagna
Need something meatless for Lent? Here is a winner that I have made for almost 30 years. Great for Church Potluck!
10 Lasagna noodles
2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach (drain well by squeezing spinach down in colander with wax paper)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup grated raw carrots
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1/2 cup chopped pitted ripe black olives
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 cups cream-style cottage cheese
1 lb. sliced Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare noodles, drain.
2. Prepare spinach according to package (or simply defrost ahead of time)
3. Sauté onion in oil, till soft. Add carrots and mushrooms; cook until crisp-tender. Stir in tomato sauce, paste, olives, and oregano.
4. Grease 13 x 9 x 2 inch casserole pan.
5. Layer 1/2 each noodles, cottage cheese, spinach, sauce mixture, and 1/3 cheese. Repeat placing remaining 1/3 Monterey Jack cheese on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 8.
All activities, games, information, etc. on this blog are free; however they are only to be used for classroom and personal use. They may not be published on any websites or other electronic media, or distributed in newsletters, bulletins, or any other form or sold for profit. Reproduction or retransmission of any materials, in whole or in part, in any manner, is not permitted.
Please take a moment to leave a comment and link back. We would love to see your blog or website! Thank you! :)
All graphics/images/clipart etc. used on the activities or games are not my own and are from various internet sources.
The information that is posted on this blog is general information. It is not intended to substitute for obtaining advice from your church or DRE. It is for informational and educational purposes only.
This blog contains links to other websites which you may choose to visit if you so desire. The content of these sites are evaluated before the links are included on this blog. These websites can change without warning making links inactive and/or the content altered. We have no control over other websites and we are not responsible for the content that they post.