What is your favorite religious craft you make for Lent?
Here is a craft I make with my students using a toilet paper roll:
Introduce craft: What happens to a caterpillar? He changes into a butterfly. What are we supposed to do during Lent? We are to change. We are going to make something to show us how the caterpillar changed into a butterfly to remind us that we are to change during Lent and become more like Jesus.
Butterfly- (this website has been removed)
• Toilet-paper tube
• Tongue depressor or ice-cream pop stick
• Heavy paper
• 6" (150 mm) piece of pipe cleaner, folded in half
• Markers or crayons
• Scissors and glue
1. Cut out and color a butterfly from the heavy paper. Use any colors, but make both halves look the same. Put a small hole at the top of the butterfly's head.
2. Color the toilet paper tube to look like a chrysalis
3. Take a piece of pipe cleaner and shape it like the letter "V". Put one point through the little hole in the butterfly's head and then twist it to look like antennae. Butterflies use these "feelers" to learn about their environment.
4. Glue the butterfly to one end of the tongue depressor or ice-cream pop stick. Let the glue dry.
5. Curl the butterfly's wings and slide it into the chrysalis.
6. Pull the stick to make the beautiful butterfly come out of the chrysalis.
Please comment so I can add the link to your blog to this post. We would love to see what you do!
All activities, games, information, etc. on this blog are free; however they are only to be used for classroom and personal use. They may not be published on any websites or other electronic media, or distributed in newsletters, bulletins, or any other form or sold for profit. Reproduction or retransmission of any materials, in whole or in part, in any manner, is not permitted.
Please do not link directly to any activity or game using its URL (the unique address for a file that is accessible on the Internet). You are always welcome to link to the specific post. Please take a moment to leave a comment and link back. We would love to see your blog or website! Thank you! :)
All graphics/images/clipart etc. used on the activities or games are not my own and are from various internet sources.
The information that is posted on this blog is general information. It is not intended to substitute for obtaining advice from your church or DRE. It is for informational and educational purposes only.
This blog contains links to other websites which you may choose to visit if you so desire. The content of these sites are evaluated before the links are included on this blog. These websites can change without warning making links inactive and/or the content altered. We have no control over other websites and we are not responsible for the content that they post.