Saturday, February 11, 2012
Crafty Crafters: Lent
So how crafty are you?
What is your favorite religious craft you make for Lent?
Here is a craft I make with my students using a toilet paper roll:
Introduce craft: What happens to a caterpillar? He changes into a butterfly. What are we supposed to do during Lent? We are to change. We are going to make something to show us how the caterpillar changed into a butterfly to remind us that we are to change during Lent and become more like Jesus.
Butterfly- (this website has been removed)
• Toilet-paper tube
• Tongue depressor or ice-cream pop stick
• Heavy paper
• 6" (150 mm) piece of pipe cleaner, folded in half
• Markers or crayons
• Scissors and glue
1. Cut out and color a butterfly from the heavy paper. Use any colors, but make both halves look the same. Put a small hole at the top of the butterfly's head.
2. Color the toilet paper tube to look like a chrysalis
3. Take a piece of pipe cleaner and shape it like the letter "V". Put one point through the little hole in the butterfly's head and then twist it to look like antennae. Butterflies use these "feelers" to learn about their environment.
4. Glue the butterfly to one end of the tongue depressor or ice-cream pop stick. Let the glue dry.
5. Curl the butterfly's wings and slide it into the chrysalis.
6. Pull the stick to make the beautiful butterfly come out of the chrysalis.
Please comment so I can add the link to your blog to this post. We would love to see what you do!