Monday, July 30, 2012
This sounds funny, but it is so good and soooooooooo easy. My grandmother made it, my mom made it, and now I do. Great with roast, boiled shrimp, etc. almost anything. Great to take for Church Potluck!
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 stick of butter or margarine
1 long loaf of French or Italian bread
Melt butter in sauce pan. Mix onion soup in melted butter. Slice almost through (do not cut all the way through) bread loaf (each slice at least 1 inch thick). Brush butter and onion soup mixture on both sides of the bread slices. Wrap bread in foil and put in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Since CCD and religious education is starting soon, I will start posting lots of activities and ideas pertaining to this starting in August. I hope this will help you get ready for the year ahead.
Things I Will Post:
• Gospel for the Mass (Year B)- I will post the Gospel for the Mass Year B by date and scripture. A link will take you directly to the post on my blog for that Gospel reading. I hope it will make it easier for you to find what you need. I plan on doing a Year C and a Year A page as well so everyone can find activities whenever they need them.
• Church Potluck Recipes- A few of my favorite dishes that I like to bring that might come in handy for you.
• Student Folders/Binders- To cut down on lost papers and to be better organized.
• Top Things That MUST Be Done Before Every Class- What are the top things that must be done before every class? Well, everyone is different as well as their needs, but maybe sharing what we found that has to be done before class so it can run smoothly and efficiently will help others.
• Crafty Crafters- Neat and educational crafts for Bible stories and religious topics.
• Special Events for the Month- Each month I will post special events for that month. I will have links to activities, coloring, crafts, games, puzzles, worksheets, quizzes, etc. that can help you with your classroom or at home.
• My Top Ten Must Have Items For CCD- To have a safe and educational classroom here is a list of My Top Ten Must Have Items For CCD.
• What You Should Do The First Day of Classes?- The Boy Scout moto: “Always be prepared!” is also essential for any catechist or religion education teacher. The infamous question “What should you do?” the first day of classes nags in the back of your mind and you cringe every time just thinking about it. Fear not, there is hope and you can have a great beginning to the start of the year if you utilize the following ideas.
• What will you do in your classroom or home?- I will post what I will be doing in my classroom each week. Please comment so I can add the link to your blog to the post. We would love to see what you do!
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Here is a great alternative to potatoes that is so tasty and oh, so good! My mom has cooked it for years and every time I come home I request this rice dish. She used to travel in an RV with my Dad all over the country and they would bring this dish to the potluck dinners and everyone always wanted the recipe.
¼ cup butter
¼ teaspoon curry powder
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 ½ cups raw long grain white rice
1 ½ teaspoon Lawyr’s Seasoned Salt
2 ½ cups chicken broth
½ cup white wine
Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add curry powder and onion, cook until golden. Stir in rice. Cook, stirring until rice begins to take on color (about 5 minutes). Add salt, broth, and wine. Bring to simmering. Cover and cook over low heat until liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes). Fluff rice with fork and serve.