Sunday, July 1, 2012

Church Potluck Recipe: Rice Pilaf





Here is a great alternative to potatoes that is so tasty and oh, so good! My mom has cooked it for years and every time I come home I request this rice dish. She used to travel in an RV with my Dad all over the country and they would bring this dish to the potluck dinners and everyone always wanted the recipe.



Rice Pilaf

¼ cup butter
¼ teaspoon curry powder
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 ½ cups raw long grain white rice
1 ½ teaspoon Lawyr’s Seasoned Salt
2 ½ cups chicken broth
½ cup white wine


Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add curry powder and onion, cook until golden. Stir in rice. Cook, stirring until rice begins to take on color (about 5 minutes). Add salt, broth, and wine. Bring to simmering. Cover and cook over low heat until liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes). Fluff rice with fork and serve.






1 comment:

Gardenia said...

the rice pilaf sounds delicious. I don't use much curry but I bet it adds the perfect bit of spice, and I will have to try this. Amazing Grace, thanks for your comment. here's a post before the one you saw, that has some great news for Jack! thanks for your continued prayers for him. http://lovemylittleflower.blogspot.com/2012/06/miracle-for-jack-and-thanksgiving.html