Monday, February 19, 2018
How Rude! (Good Manners Game)
This game is free, however it is only to be used for classroom and personal use. It may not be published on any websites or other electronic media, or distributed in newsletters, bulletins, or any other form or sold for profit. Reproduction or retransmission of any materials, in whole or in part, in any manner, is not permitted.
How Rude! is based on the game Blunders.
How Rude! For 2 Players or in Teams. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
A fun and exciting way to review what is considered rude behavior in today’s society. The game includes 6 types of interactive game cards: multiple choice, scenario, true/false, reward for good manners, charades, and consequences for bad manners. Players or teams roll the dice and move that many spaces on the board. Whichever color is on the space you land on indicates the color card that will be used. The player to your left will read the card aloud to you and you will try to answer correctly. If you answer your question correctly, you may stay where you are. If you are not correct, everyone says, “How Rude!” and you move back to where you were. The first player or team to get to the “FINISH,” square first is the WINNER!
336 Game Cards (56 of each color)
Introduction: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. What does this mean? It means we should treat others the same way you want them to treat you. That is easier said than done. Do you respect everyone and treat them kindly at all times? During our daily contact with others we can show compassion and generosity by treating them with respect and courtesy. This dignified and respectable behavior that we give to others is part of what Jesus was talking about. Try your best to treat others as you would like to be treated and you will find that it will help you so much in everyday life with getting along with others.
• Roll the dice and move that many spaces on the board. Whichever color is on the space you land on indicates the color card that will be used. The player to your left will read the card aloud to you and you will try to answer correctly. If you answer your question correctly, you may stay where you are. If you are not correct, everyone says, “How Rude!” and you move back to where you were. On Oops cards the question is read and then everyone says, “How Rude!” Read the consequences and follow the directions on the card. After a card is used it is place on the bottom of the correct pile.
Types of Cards:
• Acting (purple cards)- Follow the directions on the card and act out the words or actions that you should do. You must get another player or team member to correctly guess what you are trying to act out. If the players guess correctly, you stay where you are. If they do not guess correctly, you go back to where you were.
• Good Job (blue cards)- You receive a reward for your good manners. You get to move ahead extra spaces!
• Multiple Choice (green cards)- Choose the best answer from the list of choices.
• Oops (yellow cards)- Your bad manners have consequences. Read the question on the card and then everyone says, “How Rude!” Read the Consequences and follow the directions.
• Scenario (orange cards)- Tell the other players what you think is the correct response. Let the other player(s) or team(s) determine if your answer is close enough to the correct answer.
• True/False (pink cards)- Decide whether the statement is true or false.
Winning the Game:
The first player or team to get to the “FINISH,” square first is the WINNER! You do not have to land there by exact count.
How Rude! Game- Directions, Game Board, Acting Game Cards, Good Job Game Cards, Multiple Choice Game Cards, Oops Game Cards, Scenario Game Cards, True or False Game Cards